Monday, January 25, 2010

Almost there...

Points if you get my reference.  So today was the beginning of the semester at my school, this is my last semester.  Today was my last fist day of school, EVER.  *Does happy dance* I can taste graduation.

I've been trying to eat less meat lately, as it's expensive, so the other night I made really yummy lentils for dinner that were paired with a salad, naan, and a really cheap merlot.  Very tasty, even my boyfriend liked it (and there wasn't any meat in it).  The recipe is from somewhere, I got it from my mom and tweaked it a little.

Spicy Lentil Curry
1 1/2 Cups of lentils, Rinsed and sorted
6 cups of water
1 Tablespoon Olive oil
1 Teaspoon Cumin
1 Large Onion, chopped
1 can of tomatoes, drained, or 1 chopped tomato
1 Teaspoon Powdered ginger
1 Clove of garlic, chopped
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric
1/2 Teaspoon Red pepper flakes
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Black pepper
Plain Yogurt

Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil, add the spices and cook for about one minute to let them become aromatic, add the lentils and the water, stir, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover, simmering for about 30 minutes or until lentils are tender, add tomatoes and let cook for a few more minutes.
Serve with a dollop of Yogurt and naan
Makes 4 good size servings

No comments:

Post a Comment